Current open positions
Early Childhood Education Teachers/Teacher Assistants (full- and part-time)
Chambliss Center for Children is seeking both full- and part-time teachers and teacher assistants for all its off-campus sites, located throughout the city. Locations include:
1. Children’s Academy for Education and Learning, 1800 S. Greenwood Avenue, 37404
2. Maurice Kirby Child Care Center, 2500 South Market Street, 37408
3. Newton Child Development Center, 1301 Grove Street, 37402
4. Pro Re Bona Child Care Center, 1707 Dodds Avenue, 37404
5. Volunteer Community School, 506 Spears Avenue, 37405
Teachers and assistants must have a high school diploma and five years of experience in childcare or a CDA, Associate’s degree in early education, or a Bachelor’s degree in early education. New pay rates start at $13/hour. Interested applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate if one of the locations is more convenient for you. Please include the title of the position in your subject line so that it can be forwarded to the appropriate staff member.
OFF-CAMPUS SITE DIRECTOR
Chambliss Center for Children is seeking applicants for an off-campus Site Director to manage one of its early childhood education programs. This position will oversee the day-to-day operations of the center while demonstrating exceptional professional conduct and consideration for the educational development, safety, and welfare of the children and the staff. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervising and scheduling staff
• Ensuring facility & classrooms meet or exceed licensing standards
• Accurate record-keeping of enrollments, payments, attendance, etc…
• Enrollment of children, including tours and paperwork
• Conducting staff meetings and ensuring teachers are providing high-quality experiences for all children
Applicants must be organized, professional, have good computer skills, be good communicators, have experience managing employees, and be familiar with early childhood education and childcare. Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree (child-related field is a plus) or equivalent childcare management experience and satisfy the mandatory physical requirements and background checks. Interested persons should email a resume (with references) to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
If you are interested in working for Chambliss Center for Children, please fill out an application for any of the following departments. We have ongoing staffing needs throughout the agency and will keep your application on file and contact you if a position becomes available. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher in Extended Child Care Program (Brainerd Campus)
Teacher at Off-Site Child Care Center
The Thrift Store