Current open positions
RECRUITER, HOME-BASED CHILDCARE PROVIDERS
Under the direction of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation (WKKF) Grant Program Manager, this position recruits and assists in enrolling non-regulated home-based childcare providers into the Childcare Coaching Program. This is a grant-funded position that is only guaranteed through January 31, 2019.
- Develops and implements overall recruitment strategy
- Develops marketing materials for the program, in coordination with the Director of Communications
- Distributes marketing materials in key locations that are most likely to be frequented by home-based childcare providers
- Implements social media and electronic advertisement of the program
- Indentifies candidates by engaging with them in public places (e.g. bus stops, shopping centers, civic centers, etc…)
- Attends community events and fairs so as to meet potential program enrollees
- Conducts phone and/or in-person enrollment efforts
- Maintains a complete record of recruitment efforts
- Attends staff meetings and regularly communicates progress with Program Manager
- Works in conjunction with Childcare Coach who will ultimately provide training and resources to the home-based childcare provider
- Performs other duties assigned by the WKKF Program Manager or the Vice President of Special Projects.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
A Bachelor’s Degree is required, with a preference for a degree in Early Childhood Education. Experience working in Early Childhood Education or another social service is required. Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills are needed. Must have past experience working with children and families with diverse backgrounds, be able to walk and stand for long periods of time, be authorized to work in the United States, be able to pass a background check, have a valid driver’s license, and have reliable transportation. Ideal candidates would also:
- Be computer literate, with strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Have the ability to work with people in a caring and respectful manner, and with due understanding or and consideration for cultural difference
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with staff, families and the public
- Prepare accurate and timely documentation, reports, and other written materials
- Work effectively with others
- Work independently and have a high level of motivation and self-direction
Part-time hours with the schedule flexed in keeping with the responsibilities of the job. Night and weekend work is required. Interested persons should email a resume (with references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Chambliss Center for Children is seeking an individual to provide case management services to children and youth in the state custody. Having an understanding and experience working with children and families who have experienced trauma is necessary. The position is full-time and requires flexibility to work a varied schedule, including on-call during the week and a weekend rotation. Applicants must pass a background check and have a valid driver's license. A bachelor's degree in social work is preferred, or a closely related field. For consideration for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com by June 22nd, notating the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Early Childhood Education Teachers
Chambliss Center for Children is seeking both full and part-time teachers and teacher assistants for its main campus and off-site locations. Off-site centers include Children's Academy for Education & Learning, Maurice Kirby Child Care Center, Newton Child Development Center, Pro Re Bona Early Learning Center, Volunteer Community Preschool and Chambliss Center for Children-Red Bank. Teachers or assistants must have a high school diploma, but a CDA or an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred. Experience in a regulated early childhood education program is also preferred. Candidates must be able to lift 40 pounds and be able to pass a criminal background check. Click on the button below to download an application. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring to the front office of our main campus at 315 Gillespie Road, Chattanooga, TN 37411.
If you are interested in working for Chambliss Center for Children, please fill out an application for any of the following departments. We have ongoing staffing needs throughout the agency and will keep your application on file and contact you if a position becomes available. Please email your application to email@example.com.
Teacher in Extended Child Care Program (Brainerd Campus)
Teacher at Off-Site Child Care Center
The Thrift Store