Current open positions
Director of Human Resources
Chambliss Center for Children is seeking applicants for Director of Human Resources. Under the direction of the President/CEO, is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource functions of the agency.
1. Recruits and manages paperwork of all new hires.
2. Manages the orientation, training, and disciplining of staff, in partnership with the President/CEO and appropriate supervisors.
3. Ensures that annual performance reviews are conducted on all employees.
4. Oversees and administers all employee compensation, benefits, health/wellness, safety, charitable giving, and other employee services.
5. Provides coaching and counseling to staff on human resource matters, as requested.
6. Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
7. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
8. Recommends, evaluates, and participates in staff development for the organization.
9. Ensures that all personnel files are complete and current.
10. Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with any grants, contracts, federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
11. Leads an annual review of the organization’s Personnel Handbook, communicates changes in the organization's policies and procedures, and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
12. Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
13. Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the President/CEO, on personnel matters.
14. Performs other duties assigned by the President/CEO.
Minimum Qualifications Required: A Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration or relevant field and experience in the Human Resources field. Strong written and oral communication skills, cultural awareness, high ethical standards, thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices, and excellent organizational and leadership skills are required.
Working Schedule: Forty hours per week with the schedule flexed in keeping with the responsibilities of the job.
Interested persons should email a resume (with references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Early Childhood Education Teachers
Chambliss Center for Children is seeking both full and part-time teachers and teacher assistants for its main campus and off-site locations. Off-site centers include Children's Academy for Education & Learning, Maurice Kirby Child Care Center, Newton Child Development Center, Pro Re Bona Early Learning Center, Volunteer Community Preschool and Chambliss Center for Children-Red Bank. Teachers or assistants must have a high school diploma, but a CDA or an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred. Experience in a regulated early childhood education program is also preferred. Candidates must be able to lift 40 pounds and be able to pass a criminal background check. Click on the button below to download an application. Please email your application to email@example.com or bring to the front office of our main campus at 315 Gillespie Road, Chattanooga, TN 37411.
If you are interested in working for Chambliss Center for Children, please fill out an application for any of the following departments. We have ongoing staffing needs throughout the agency and will keep your application on file and contact you if a position becomes available. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher in Extended Child Care Program (Brainerd Campus)
Teacher at Off-Site Child Care Center
The Thrift Store